Snow cancels Lady Gaga concert in Paris
PARIS -- Lady Gaga isn't having much luck in Paris.
In October, the pop diva's concerts in Paris were postponed amid nationwide strikes over a government plan to raise the retirement age. One show was rescheduled for Sunday, but it was called off because of snow.
The weather led authorities to ban big trucks from driving through the Ile de France region that includes Paris. Lady Gaga's trucks couldn't get to the venue on time, concert venue Bercy stadium said on its Web site.
A concert Monday is expected to go forward as planned, and the canceled show is likely to be rescheduled for Tuesday, Bercy said.
The diva vented on Twitter, writing that "all 28" of the trucks carrying sets for her elaborate show had been detained. She said had wanted to do a show without the sets, but even sound and power equipment was blocked.
"I am furious and devastated," she wrote, adding that it was "unfair to my fans and to me."
Lady Gaga also wrote that two of her employees were "arrested trying to get into Paris so we could perform," without elaborating. French police, the singer's representatives and the concert venue did not immediately return calls and e-mails seeking comment on that claim.
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County 26 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case 27 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian 56 min ago
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed