Fresno's Fulton 55 opens Friday
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- What's expected to be Fresno's hot new concert venue is just days away from opening downtown.
The finishing touches are being put on "Fulton 55" a nightclub at Fulton Avenue and Divisadero. Fulton 55 is set to open on Friday.
It will offer live music from local bands, in a location that can hold about 500 people.
It was originally billed as a "jazz" club, but about 20 acts have already been booked and they play several different kinds of music.
Fulton 55 drew both support and criticism in recent weeks. Supporters say it will help boost the local music scene. Critics claim the club will create parking problems and could lead to more police calls in the area.
For a complete list of the musical acts scheduled to play at Fulton 55 through the spring, visit their website.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, music, entertainment
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death 16 min ago
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions