Fresno's Fulton 55 opens Friday
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- What's expected to be Fresno's hot new concert venue is just days away from opening downtown.
The finishing touches are being put on "Fulton 55" a nightclub at Fulton Avenue and Divisadero. Fulton 55 is set to open on Friday.
It will offer live music from local bands, in a location that can hold about 500 people.
It was originally billed as a "jazz" club, but about 20 acts have already been booked and they play several different kinds of music.
Fulton 55 drew both support and criticism in recent weeks. Supporters say it will help boost the local music scene. Critics claim the club will create parking problems and could lead to more police calls in the area.
For a complete list of the musical acts scheduled to play at Fulton 55 through the spring, visit their website.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, music, entertainment
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Family of boy who died in Los Banos DUI...
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos