Obama to honor Medal of Freedom recipients Tuesday
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama is awarding the nation's highest civilian honor to a diverse group of recipients, including a former president and a basketball legend.
Among the 15 recipients of the Medal of Freedom are President George H.W. Bush, former basketball star Bill Russell, businessman Warren Buffett and cellist Yo-Yo Ma. The president and first lady Michelle Obama will honor the winners at a White House ceremony Tuesday.
The Medal of Freedom is presented to people who have made important contributions to U.S. national security, world peace, culture or other significant public or private endeavors.
president barack obama, george h.w. bush, entertainment
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law 40 min ago
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge 45 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Sal's prepares holiday tamales
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos