Obama to honor Medal of Freedom recipients Tuesday
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama is awarding the nation's highest civilian honor to a diverse group of recipients, including a former president and a basketball legend.
Among the 15 recipients of the Medal of Freedom are President George H.W. Bush, former basketball star Bill Russell, businessman Warren Buffett and cellist Yo-Yo Ma. The president and first lady Michelle Obama will honor the winners at a White House ceremony Tuesday.
The Medal of Freedom is presented to people who have made important contributions to U.S. national security, world peace, culture or other significant public or private endeavors.
president barack obama, george h.w. bush, entertainment
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos