Billy Ray Cyrus: 'Hannah Montana' destroyed family
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Billy Ray Cyrus says the Disney TV show "Hannah Montana" destroyed his family, causing his divorce and sending daughter Miley Cyrus spinning out of control.
In an interview with GQ Magazine, the country star says he "would erase it all in a second" if it would bring his family together again.
Cyrus says his daughter is in a downward spiral. That's why he refused to attend her 18th birthday party in December, saying "it was wrong" to have it in a bar. Video of Miley smoking a bong later surfaced.
Her father compares her current path with those of stars whose lives ended tragically, including Kurt Cobain, Anna Nicole Smith and Michael Jackson.
Disney is the parent company of ABC30.
celebrity, disney, entertainment
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos