Tokyo Disney is welcoming guests after earthquake
Crowds screamed Mickey Mouse's name as gates to the popular theme park opened Friday morning. The park has been closed since Japan's devastating earthquake and tsunami five weeks ago.
Guests can still enjoy the attractions, though many of the shops have dimmed their lights to save on electricity.
Disney is the parent company of ABC30.
disney, japan, earthquake, entertainment
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals