Katie Couric to host daytime talk show on ABC
NEW YORK -- Katie Couric will host and produce her own nationally syndicated talk show on ABC, the network announced on Monday.
Couric's new show has not yet been named. In addition to her new show, Couric will also join the ABC News team and contribute to all programs.
"Katie Couric is one of television's iconic figures and we are thrilled to have forged such an exciting partnership with her," said Anne Sweeney, president of the Disney/ABC Television Group, in a statement.
She left her anchor job at "CBS Evening News" last month after five years on the desk. She was the first female solo anchor of a weekday network evening news broadcast.
Couric's new daytime show will premiere in September 2012.
Disney is the parent company of ABC30
abc, disney, celebrity, television, entertainment
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 23 min ago
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 42 min ago
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week