Fresno's Club One Casino throws Summer Beach Party
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Normally folks in the Valley need to drive two hours to get to the shore. But this weekend, the beach will be well within your reach.
The area between Tulare and Fresno on Van Ness will be closed Friday to Sunday for Club One Casino's Summer Beach Party. A beach party would not be complete without sand -- about 400 tons of it. In addition to the sand there will be 70 palm trees a beach volleyball court and four above ground pools.
"If you think about the casino business in Las Vegas -- there's a lot of non-gaming entertainment," said Kyle Kirkland. "We can't have a volcano or a big pirate ship or white tigers, so we figured we'd build a beach."
It costs $10 bucks to get into the party. Part of the proceeds goes to Fresno First Steps Home and the Police Activities League.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, entertainment, graciela moreno
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members 34 min ago
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game 41 min ago
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Fresno's Operation Bulldog cracks down on...
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos