Fresno's Club One Casino throws Summer Beach Party
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Normally folks in the Valley need to drive two hours to get to the shore. But this weekend, the beach will be well within your reach.
The area between Tulare and Fresno on Van Ness will be closed Friday to Sunday for Club One Casino's Summer Beach Party. A beach party would not be complete without sand -- about 400 tons of it. In addition to the sand there will be 70 palm trees a beach volleyball court and four above ground pools.
"If you think about the casino business in Las Vegas -- there's a lot of non-gaming entertainment," said Kyle Kirkland. "We can't have a volcano or a big pirate ship or white tigers, so we figured we'd build a beach."
It costs $10 bucks to get into the party. Part of the proceeds goes to Fresno First Steps Home and the Police Activities League.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, entertainment, graciela moreno
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos