Fresno's Club One Casino throws Summer Beach Party
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Normally folks in the Valley need to drive two hours to get to the shore. But this weekend, the beach will be well within your reach.
The area between Tulare and Fresno on Van Ness will be closed Friday to Sunday for Club One Casino's Summer Beach Party. A beach party would not be complete without sand -- about 400 tons of it. In addition to the sand there will be 70 palm trees a beach volleyball court and four above ground pools.
"If you think about the casino business in Las Vegas -- there's a lot of non-gaming entertainment," said Kyle Kirkland. "We can't have a volcano or a big pirate ship or white tigers, so we figured we'd build a beach."
It costs $10 bucks to get into the party. Part of the proceeds goes to Fresno First Steps Home and the Police Activities League.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, entertainment, graciela moreno
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted 7 min ago
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 45 min ago
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos