Anime convention in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Downtown Fresno hotel welcomed hundreds of costumed characters this weekend as part of a celebration for all things "anime".
This year's Ani-Jam brought fans of Japanese animation and culture to the Radisson Hotel and Conference Center, many dressed in costumes of their favorite characters.
While some characters are cute, others are clearly ready to fight and organizers say that's just a part of what makes Japanese cartoons so unique.
In addition to the dress up fun, the Ani-Jam also featured vendors, games, and panel discussions. There was also a costume repair station -- just in case of any anime wardrobe malfunctions.
convention, fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, entertainment
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges 35 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times