Anime convention in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Downtown Fresno hotel welcomed hundreds of costumed characters this weekend as part of a celebration for all things "anime".
This year's Ani-Jam brought fans of Japanese animation and culture to the Radisson Hotel and Conference Center, many dressed in costumes of their favorite characters.
While some characters are cute, others are clearly ready to fight and organizers say that's just a part of what makes Japanese cartoons so unique.
In addition to the dress up fun, the Ani-Jam also featured vendors, games, and panel discussions. There was also a costume repair station -- just in case of any anime wardrobe malfunctions.
convention, fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, entertainment
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals