Fresno Grizzlies star in new Billy Crystal movie
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fans at Saturday's Fresno Grizzlies game could wind up on the silver screen.
A major motion picture will be shooting several scenes for an up coming movie during and after the game Saturday night - and the Grizzlies are looking to pack the park.
Fresno's Film Commissioner says this will put the city and the team on the map. It could also be a big financial boost Fresno's economy.
"Because Fresno is an integral part of the script, we know it's going to be on the screen. So we're not gonna just generate $80,000 to $100,000 in revenue, but Fresno is going to get positive publicity on screen, pre-promotion and it will be there forever," said Fresno Film Commissioner Ray Arthur.
The movie is about a minor league broadcaster who lives in Fresno. The broadcaster will be played by Billy Crystal.
Tickets for Saturday night's game will remain at normal prices and the production company will provide release waivers for all fans who appear in the film.
fresno grizzlies, movies, fresno, fresno downtown, entertainment, linda mumma
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals