Green Day frontman kicked off flight over saggy pants
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong says he was kicked off of a Southwest Airlines flight Thursday night for wearing his pants too low.
The Bay Area rock musician was traveling from Oakland to Burbank when the incident occurred. "Just got kicked off a southwest flight because my pants sagged too low! What the f**k? No joke!" Armstrong tweeted Thursday night.
"Basically, all the passengers were already seated, we were ready to go, they had already told us to start to turn our cellphones off," she said.
Qiu said that Armstrong was approached by a flight attendant and told to pull his pants up. Armstrong initially dismissed the request, asking, "Don't you have better things to do then worry about that?" When the flight attendant repeated the request and threatened to have Armstrong removed from the plane, Armstrong relied "I'm just trying to get to my f**king seat."
Armstrong and the person he was traveling with were then removed from the flight.
Southwest responded to Armstrong's gripe soon after with a tweet of their own. "Very sorry for your experience tonight, someone from our Customer Relations Team will reach out to you to get more details."
This comes on the heels of an incident on June 12 when a University of New Mexico football player was booted from a U.S. Airways flight bound for Albuquerque from San Francisco over his saggy pants. Deshon Marman is now suing the airline over the incident.
ABC7 News contacted Southwest, which declined to comment at this time.
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos