Green Day frontman kicked off flight over saggy pants
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong says he was kicked off of a Southwest Airlines flight Thursday night for wearing his pants too low.
The Bay Area rock musician was traveling from Oakland to Burbank when the incident occurred. "Just got kicked off a southwest flight because my pants sagged too low! What the f**k? No joke!" Armstrong tweeted Thursday night.
"Basically, all the passengers were already seated, we were ready to go, they had already told us to start to turn our cellphones off," she said.
Qiu said that Armstrong was approached by a flight attendant and told to pull his pants up. Armstrong initially dismissed the request, asking, "Don't you have better things to do then worry about that?" When the flight attendant repeated the request and threatened to have Armstrong removed from the plane, Armstrong relied "I'm just trying to get to my f**king seat."
Armstrong and the person he was traveling with were then removed from the flight.
Southwest responded to Armstrong's gripe soon after with a tweet of their own. "Very sorry for your experience tonight, someone from our Customer Relations Team will reach out to you to get more details."
This comes on the heels of an incident on June 12 when a University of New Mexico football player was booted from a U.S. Airways flight bound for Albuquerque from San Francisco over his saggy pants. Deshon Marman is now suing the airline over the incident.
ABC7 News contacted Southwest, which declined to comment at this time.
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County 23 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case 24 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian 53 min ago
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed