Fairgrounds cleanup begins after high turnout
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Crews are cleaning up the Fresno Fairgrounds now that this year's Big Fresno Fair is over.
Gates closed at 11 p.m. Sunday night.
Thousands came out to enjoy all of the food and attractions on its final day.
Final attendance numbers won't be known until later this week, but fair organizers say Saturday's crowd broke a record.
So many people showed up that Fresno police reportedly considered closing the gates early.
Sunday's crowd was big too, as people came one last time to experience fair favorites.
The fair says 34-thousand pounds of flour wereused to make those cinnamon rolls this year, as well as 12 thousand pounds of cinnamon and sugar and more than five thousand pounds of cream cheese.
big fresno fair, entertainment, tommy tran
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos