Fairgrounds cleanup begins after high turnout
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Crews are cleaning up the Fresno Fairgrounds now that this year's Big Fresno Fair is over.
Gates closed at 11 p.m. Sunday night.
Thousands came out to enjoy all of the food and attractions on its final day.
Final attendance numbers won't be known until later this week, but fair organizers say Saturday's crowd broke a record.
So many people showed up that Fresno police reportedly considered closing the gates early.
Sunday's crowd was big too, as people came one last time to experience fair favorites.
The fair says 34-thousand pounds of flour wereused to make those cinnamon rolls this year, as well as 12 thousand pounds of cinnamon and sugar and more than five thousand pounds of cream cheese.
big fresno fair, entertainment, tommy tran
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder 45 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos