Yosemite Ziplines and Adventure Ranch
MARIPOSA, California (KFSN) -- A new business in Mariposa is offering families a thrilling adventure and bringing jobs to the community.
A ride down the new ziplines in the Mariposa hills comes with stunning views and an adrenaline rush.
"Most folks that dream of flying their whole lives, this is a way they can do it with staying relatively close to the ground," said Bryan Imrie. "They go a couple feet to about a hundred feet off the ground at our highest point, and it's a rush."
Bryan Imrie and his wife Victoria are putting the finishing touches on this course next to their home off Highway 140. They hope the ziplines will attract residents and some of the million tourists who drive past their property on the way to Yosemite each year.
Bryan Imrie said, "We're hoping this will give folks a reason to stay and visit Mariposa, learn something about Mariposa and help the entire town."
The Imries say the course is great for everyone age eight to eighty, including their daughter Sophia. It consists of six different lines which range from three hundred to nine hundred feet long. All of the take-offs and landings happen on the ground as opposed to elevated platforms, and the Imrie's say their safety gear and measures exceed industry standards.
Bryan Imrie said, "Our guides hook you up, take you off, they brake you at the end, there's no work to it."
Each of the six lines is designed to give you a little bit more of a rush, so you can build confidence as you go.
Victoria Imrie said, "Come and try line 1, line 2, as you build your confidence you're going to go home and surprise your people that you did it."
The Imrie's say along with offering a family friendly activity, their Yosemite Zipline and Adventure Ranch has also put people to work during these tough economic times.
Samantha Bull said, "It's the coolest job you could possibly have, so this is awesome."
Now they're just hoping to get the support they need to keep flying high.
Victoria Imrie said, "I know we've got a good product, and I'm really looking forward to showing people what we've got here in Mariposa."
Yosemite Ziplines and Adventure Ranch:
The company is offering an introductory price of $65.
The address is 4808 Highway 140, Mariposa, CA
You can find more information on the company's Facebook page:
mariposa, mariposa county, yosemite national park, entertainment, sara sandrik
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season 42 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident