Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane opens Saturday
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Saturday night, Christmas Tree Lane will be closed off to traffic, so walkers can enjoy the lights and other sights of the holiday favorite.
Saturday marks the beginning of Christmas Tree Lane festivities. For 89 years now, residents along a two mile stretch of Van Ness Boulevard have decorated their homes for the holidays. Millions of lights brighten up the Northwest Fresno neighborhood.
Each year, more than 100,000 families tour the homes. Another walking night is scheduled for December 13th. All other nights through December 25th allow for visitors to drive down the street.
christmas, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, entertainment
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76