Winter fun has arrived at Yosemite Valley
The Curry Village Ice Rink has opened for the winter season.
It's a holiday favorite that first opened in 1928, when the Yosemite Winter Club flooded an unused parking lot.
Skating sessions are offered every day, and features skate rentals as well as beautiful views of the national park, including Half Dome.
The opening of the skating rink marks the beginning of Yosemite's other winter activities, leading up to the opening of the Badger Pass Ski Area which is scheduled to open on December 16th.
Daily skating sessions (subject to weather conditions) are offered from 3:30 to 6 p.m. And 7 to 9:30 p.m. Weekdays.
On weekends, the rink is open for an additional morning session from 8:30 to 11 a.m., afternoon sessions from noon to 2:30 p.m., 3:30 to 6 p.m., and an evening session from 7 to 9:30 p.m.
The ice skating fees are $9.50 per adult, per session, and $8.50 per child. Skate rentals are $4.00 per session. Helmets are available at no additional cost.
For more information on winter activities and lodging in yosemite, visit www.yosemitepark.com or call 801-559-4949.
For current ice rink conditions, call 209-372-8319.
For road and weather conditions, call the automated national park service information line at 209-372-0200.
yosemite national park, entertainment
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos