Montel Williams seeks medical marijuana permit in Oakland
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- TV talk show host Montel Williams is trying to win a permit from the city of Oakland for one of four new medical marijuana dispensaries set to open next year.
The 55-year-old is battling multiple sclerosis and has become an outspoken advocate for medical marijuana.
Oakland is in the process of reviewing permit requests for new pot shops -- even as the federal government is cracking down on such facilities across the state.
medical marijuana, bay area, oakland, entertainment
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it 47 min ago
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement 20 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart