Montel Williams seeks medical marijuana permit in Oakland
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- TV talk show host Montel Williams is trying to win a permit from the city of Oakland for one of four new medical marijuana dispensaries set to open next year.
The 55-year-old is battling multiple sclerosis and has become an outspoken advocate for medical marijuana.
Oakland is in the process of reviewing permit requests for new pot shops -- even as the federal government is cracking down on such facilities across the state.
medical marijuana, bay area, oakland, entertainment
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique
- Man and two children killed in Merced fire
- Video: Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane sees big crowds
- Suspect hit in Fresno Co. officer involved shooting
- City of Fresno to open warming center
- 68th annual Candy Cane Lane Parade sees changes
- Defense takes over in Fresno paralegal murder trial
- Pacheco High School founding principal loses battle with cancer