Chaffee Zoo sees record turnout
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- More people visited the Chaffee Zoo in 2011 than ever before.
511 thousand visitors from around the world came to the Central Fresno zoo this year, breaking the record set in 1989.
Last year the zoo had visitors from 54 of the state's 58 counties, 49 out of the 50 states and nine countries from around the world.
Zoo officials believe the popular Dino Dig exhibit helped bring more people to the zoo, as well as the construction of the sea lion cove.
The zoo is open every day except Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
chaffee zoo, fresno, fresno central, fresno county, entertainment
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified