Thousands visit China Peak over holiday weekend
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- China Peak Mountain Resort saw a spike in the number of people hitting the slopes over the holiday weekend.
Resort staff credits the recent snowfall for bringing in large crowds.
They say this week's storms dumped about a foot and a half of fresh powder.
About 3500 people passed through the ski resort Saturday, and four thousand visited on Sunday.
Staff say that's the most people they've seen on a single day this season.
"This is obviously fantastic as everybody knows it's been a very tough year this season," Tim Cohee of China Peak Mountain Resort said.
A spokesperson for the resort says they were also expecting large crowd during the President's Day holiday on Monday.
china peak, fresno county, entertainment
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather