Mardi Gras in Fresno's Tower District
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Party goers took over the streets of Fresno's Tower District Tuesday night to celebrate Mardi Gras. Hundreds of people lined up outside bars and restaurants.
Fresno police were also out in full force. 100 officers were stationed in the tower. Department officials say they are especially focused on safety because of prior incidents.
In 2001, 20-thousand people showed up and started vandalizing businesses. Then, in 2007, four people were shot, include three police officers.
Police also conducted a curfew check -- to make sure teenagers weren't roaming around.
fresno tower district, fresno county, fresno, entertainment, shannon handy
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos