Day two of the Clovis Rodeo was a success
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- Day two at this year's Clovis Rodeo is now in the history books, but it certainly was a success.
The mutton bustin' competition is always a big hit with rodeo fans. Basically, kids try to stay on sheep for as long as they can.
Tickets to Friday's rodeo events sold out by 11 o'clock in the morning. Organizers say it is the first time they've sold out a same day show this early.
Ron Dunbar with the Clovis Rodeo Association told ABC30, "Ticket sales are great, so it's probably going to end up being the best year we ever had."
The parade starts at 9:30 Saturday morning in Downtown Clovis. And the rodeo finals performance starts at 2:00 -- Sunday afternoon.
clovis rodeo, clovis, fresno county, entertainment, tommy tran
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather