'Men in Black' defeat 'Avengers' in debut
LOS ANGELES (KFSN) -- The "Men in Black" are more than just galaxy defenders so far this weekend at the box office. The third installment of the Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones franchise blasted away "The Avengers" in its debut weekend, raking in $55 million.
"The Avengers" had held the top spot for three weeks in a row. The superhero movie fell into second place with $37 million.
In third place was the board game turned movie "Battleship" with nearly $11 million in its second weekend.
Final figures will be released Memorial Day.
KABC-TV Los Angeles, CA contributed to this report.
- 12 people injured in SW Fresno car crash 1 min ago
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders 45 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt
- Valley residents seeing more black widow...
52 min ago