'Men in Black' defeat 'Avengers' in debut
LOS ANGELES (KFSN) -- The "Men in Black" are more than just galaxy defenders so far this weekend at the box office. The third installment of the Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones franchise blasted away "The Avengers" in its debut weekend, raking in $55 million.
"The Avengers" had held the top spot for three weeks in a row. The superhero movie fell into second place with $37 million.
In third place was the board game turned movie "Battleship" with nearly $11 million in its second weekend.
Final figures will be released Memorial Day.
KABC-TV Los Angeles, CA contributed to this report.
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos