'Men in Black' defeat 'Avengers' in debut
LOS ANGELES (KFSN) -- The "Men in Black" are more than just galaxy defenders so far this weekend at the box office. The third installment of the Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones franchise blasted away "The Avengers" in its debut weekend, raking in $55 million.
"The Avengers" had held the top spot for three weeks in a row. The superhero movie fell into second place with $37 million.
In third place was the board game turned movie "Battleship" with nearly $11 million in its second weekend.
Final figures will be released Memorial Day.
KABC-TV Los Angeles, CA contributed to this report.
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos