'Men in Black' defeat 'Avengers' in debut
LOS ANGELES (KFSN) -- The "Men in Black" are more than just galaxy defenders so far this weekend at the box office. The third installment of the Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones franchise blasted away "The Avengers" in its debut weekend, raking in $55 million.
"The Avengers" had held the top spot for three weeks in a row. The superhero movie fell into second place with $37 million.
In third place was the board game turned movie "Battleship" with nearly $11 million in its second weekend.
Final figures will be released Memorial Day.
KABC-TV Los Angeles, CA contributed to this report.
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos