Fresno Pride Parade draws crowds to Tower District
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of people braved the heat for Fresno's Pride Parade and Festival on Saturday where brightly colored floats made their way through the tower district.
The parade and festival was sponsored by Community Link, a non profit that supports gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender individuals -- and crowds of people showed up to take part.
"It's nice to come out and have support for gay and lesbian rights and marriage and see so many people celebrating," said Autumn Web of Fresno.
While Saturday's event was very much a celebration, organizers say it was also a great way to educate people about issues facing the LGBT community.
gay rights, fresno tower district, fresno, fresno county, entertainment
- Oregon teen accused of planning to attack school
- Tower District banding together to fight crime
- Keeping safe this Memorial Day weekend
- Motorcycle officer recovering after crash in NE Fresno
- Millerton Lake boating accident injures one person
- Senate District 16 could be headed to runoff
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Man dies in Southwest Fresno shooting
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos