Fresno Pride Parade draws crowds to Tower District
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of people braved the heat for Fresno's Pride Parade and Festival on Saturday where brightly colored floats made their way through the tower district.
The parade and festival was sponsored by Community Link, a non profit that supports gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender individuals -- and crowds of people showed up to take part.
"It's nice to come out and have support for gay and lesbian rights and marriage and see so many people celebrating," said Autumn Web of Fresno.
While Saturday's event was very much a celebration, organizers say it was also a great way to educate people about issues facing the LGBT community.
gay rights, fresno tower district, fresno, fresno county, entertainment
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos