China Peak Ski Resort summer kick off begins
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- The China Peak Ski Resort is kicking off its summer season this weekend.
The resort endured a rough winter season raking in only about two-thirds of the normal revenue per year.
Tim Cohee says the lack of snow actually helps his staff prepare for the summer season ahead. This time last year, crews were scrambling to get rid of snow to clear the bike trails.
Another highlight will be the summer concert series that brings entertainment for people to enjoy.
China Peak Ski Resort CEO Tim Cohee said, "We're taking a different approach to concerts. We found talking to people and they say you know what we really like are these new tribute bands. They're not new, they've been around forever. And they're super high quality."
The first group of bands will play this weekend and China Peak will host another event in August.
Cohee says reservations are up by 100-percent and rental bikes and other fun activities are booked solid.
china peak, huntington lake, shaver lake, dinkey creek, Wishon Reservoir, entertainment, tommy tran
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 45 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested 42 min ago
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up