Miss California contestants arrive in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- 58 women, 1 tiara: the stage is set for some fierce and friendly competition in this year's Miss California pageant in Downtown Fresno.
The contestants competing for this year's crown arrived in Fresno on Saturday. They got a tour of City Hall and spent some time with Mayor Ashley Swearengin.
Fresno has hosted the Miss California pageant for more than a decade now.
The winner moves on to the compete in the Miss America pageant in Las Vegas later this year.
Rehearsals for next week's pageant at the Saroyan Theatre begin on Monday.
The Miss California title will definitely keep this year's winner busy. Miss California 2011 says she's logged more than 100-thousand travel miles since winning the title traveling around the world as an ambassador for the state.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, entertainment
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos