Miss California crowned in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new Miss California has been crowned in Downtown Fresno. Leah Cecil, Miss Garden Grove, received the crown.
The 58 women in the competition have spent the past week in Fresno.
Cecil was last year's first runner up. She's been competing in beauty competitions for years.
She says one piece of advice she could give to the other women in the competition is to never give up.
"It took me about three years to get my first title as a teenager. It was because I kept going with it, I didn't give up. Every year I learned something new. If these girls keep coming back, I know they will succeed," Cecil said.
Miss Garden Grove's platform is compassion for the convalescing. She plays the harp for children and people in convalescent homes.
Her first appearance as Miss California will be in Redwood City for the Fourth of July parade. She has until January to gear up for the Miss America competition.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, entertainment
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers 42 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos