Safe holiday travel this Fourth of July
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Fourth of July fireworks will be exploding and many people will be going out of town to celebrate.
The mid-week Fourth of July holiday is not stopping the Sagardia family from hitting the roads for their annual family road trip.
They're not alone, according to AAA, just over 42 million people will travel 50 miles or more during the holiday weekend. An increase of almost 5% over last year. And CHP will be out in full force making sure the public stays safe.
The number one advice that experts are giving those of you that plan to hit the roads for the holiday season is plan ahead and map out that route.
Preparing your car for the long trip ahead is just as important as booking your hotel and planning your activities.
Rusty Rasmussen said, "The most critical thing, tire pressure. If this were on the inside."
The Sargardia's have given their car the recommended maintenance, but they are prepared just in case something does happen.
Simple solutions to make sure your trip is a memorable one.
entertainment, gaby rodriguez
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley
- Fresno City Council holds public hearing on Westlake development
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- LA psychic, husband charged with curse scam 6 min ago
- California prostitutes win victim compensation 6 min ago
- Chaos, gunbattles, hungry kids in Central African Republic 6 min ago
- Lawmakers frustrated, optimistic about farm bill 6 min ago
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2