Safe holiday travel this Fourth of July
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Fourth of July fireworks will be exploding and many people will be going out of town to celebrate.
The mid-week Fourth of July holiday is not stopping the Sagardia family from hitting the roads for their annual family road trip.
They're not alone, according to AAA, just over 42 million people will travel 50 miles or more during the holiday weekend. An increase of almost 5% over last year. And CHP will be out in full force making sure the public stays safe.
The number one advice that experts are giving those of you that plan to hit the roads for the holiday season is plan ahead and map out that route.
Preparing your car for the long trip ahead is just as important as booking your hotel and planning your activities.
Rusty Rasmussen said, "The most critical thing, tire pressure. If this were on the inside."
The Sargardia's have given their car the recommended maintenance, but they are prepared just in case something does happen.
Simple solutions to make sure your trip is a memorable one.
entertainment, gaby rodriguez
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos