Safe holiday travel this Fourth of July
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Fourth of July fireworks will be exploding and many people will be going out of town to celebrate.
The mid-week Fourth of July holiday is not stopping the Sagardia family from hitting the roads for their annual family road trip.
They're not alone, according to AAA, just over 42 million people will travel 50 miles or more during the holiday weekend. An increase of almost 5% over last year. And CHP will be out in full force making sure the public stays safe.
The number one advice that experts are giving those of you that plan to hit the roads for the holiday season is plan ahead and map out that route.
Preparing your car for the long trip ahead is just as important as booking your hotel and planning your activities.
Rusty Rasmussen said, "The most critical thing, tire pressure. If this were on the inside."
The Sargardia's have given their car the recommended maintenance, but they are prepared just in case something does happen.
Simple solutions to make sure your trip is a memorable one.
entertainment, gaby rodriguez
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos