Safe holiday travel this Fourth of July
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Fourth of July fireworks will be exploding and many people will be going out of town to celebrate.
The mid-week Fourth of July holiday is not stopping the Sagardia family from hitting the roads for their annual family road trip.
They're not alone, according to AAA, just over 42 million people will travel 50 miles or more during the holiday weekend. An increase of almost 5% over last year. And CHP will be out in full force making sure the public stays safe.
The number one advice that experts are giving those of you that plan to hit the roads for the holiday season is plan ahead and map out that route.
Preparing your car for the long trip ahead is just as important as booking your hotel and planning your activities.
Rusty Rasmussen said, "The most critical thing, tire pressure. If this were on the inside."
The Sargardia's have given their car the recommended maintenance, but they are prepared just in case something does happen.
Simple solutions to make sure your trip is a memorable one.
entertainment, gaby rodriguez
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting 13 min ago
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man 19 min ago
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by...
27 min ago