Safe holiday travel this Fourth of July
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Fourth of July fireworks will be exploding and many people will be going out of town to celebrate.
The mid-week Fourth of July holiday is not stopping the Sagardia family from hitting the roads for their annual family road trip.
They're not alone, according to AAA, just over 42 million people will travel 50 miles or more during the holiday weekend. An increase of almost 5% over last year. And CHP will be out in full force making sure the public stays safe.
The number one advice that experts are giving those of you that plan to hit the roads for the holiday season is plan ahead and map out that route.
Preparing your car for the long trip ahead is just as important as booking your hotel and planning your activities.
Rusty Rasmussen said, "The most critical thing, tire pressure. If this were on the inside."
The Sargardia's have given their car the recommended maintenance, but they are prepared just in case something does happen.
Simple solutions to make sure your trip is a memorable one.
entertainment, gaby rodriguez
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels