TV's George Jefferson dies at age 74
EL PASO, Tex. (KFSN) -- One of television's most popular personalities from the 60's and 70's has died.
Actor Sherman Hemsley played the character George Jefferson for 15 years, first in the TV sitcom "All in the Family and then in his own spin-off, "The Jeffersons."
He reprised the role last year for a short stint on the series "The House of Payne".
Hemsley passed away in his El Paso, Texas home.
The actor was not married and did not have any children.
KGO-TV San Francisco, CA contributed to this report.
- Officer-involved shooting in Northeast Fresno 3 min ago
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 21 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death 53 min ago
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Large fire guts warehouse in Fresno County
21 min ago