Local filmmaker holds Downtown Fresno shoot
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Downtown Fresno got a taste of Hollywood on Friday.
A local filmmaker used a building in Downtown Fresno to film a scene for his upcoming movie.
Director Bill Weatherford and the cast of "Underclassmen" were hard at work. They have been filming scenes in Fresno since the beginning of July and most of the cast and crew were from the Central Valley.
"Underclassmen" is a movie about high school students who have a few choices after graduation. The main character avoids joining a gang and instead gets involved with the military after the attacks of 9-11.
The film will be entered into the Fresno and San Luis Obispo film festivals next year.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, entertainment
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart