Gates open for day two of Tulare County Fair
TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- The gates opened for day two of the Tulare County Fair on Thursday, and you can get in free!
The fairgrounds are located at Martin Luther King Junior Avenue and K Street in Tulare.
It's day two of the Tulare County Fair, and the fair is partnering up with several non-profits this year to help feed the community.
Stephanie Lincicum brought her daughters to experience the fair for the first time. They got in for free by donating four cans of food. "This is a way to give back to the community and also to get into the fair and enjoy -- being part of everybody."
The Salvation Army, along with the Tulare County Food Bank are hoping to collect 100,000 pounds of food in its first ever food drive at the fair.
Food that will go a long way to help those in need -- and a little competition never hurt anyone. "We're actually trying to be the single largest one day food event in the country, trying to take that record away from the Big Fresno Fair, and hold it here in Tulare County."
Organizers here hope the single-day food drive increases turnout, and so far, they've seen a 30 percent jump in attendance on the first day compared to last year.
11:00 Most of our ticket sales are through the gate, so our presales are about tracking with last year, but our at the gate sales seem to be up significantly so far.
Once inside people can experience everything the fair has to offer. At the livestock pavillion students with FAA and 4H are demonstrating their ag skills
"It's a lot of work -- getting up at 4 o'clock in the morning, going out, feeding, working, exercising all the animals," said Issac Lewis.
Lewis won first place showing off his sheep in the 4H division. He hopes the more prizes he wins, the more money he gets when he auctions off his livestock -- money he'll save up for college. "It's a real good feeling, I enjoy winning cus it shows all my hard work I put into it, I get rewarded.
tulare, tulare county, tulare county fair, entertainment, carlos saucedo
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Accuweather Forecast
58 min ago
- Fire Safety