Tulare County Fair kicks off in South Valley
TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- The 93rd annual Tulare County Fair is now underway.
Thousands of people are expected to head out to the fairgrounds over the next few days to experience a South Valley tradition of good old family fun.
The fairgrounds are located at Martin Luther King Junior Avenue and K Street in Tulare.
Organizers of the fair say they're hoping to beat last year's record and have more than 100 thousand people hit the fair this year.
People lined up throughout the day to check in to a South Valley tradition that dates back to 1919.
"I love the fair because you get to hang out with our friends and your family and seeing everybody," Susan Avery of Tulare said.
Avery and her friends have been coming to the Tulare County Fair for years.
" Love to come out and eat the funnel cakes and hot dogs,' Avery said.
12-year-old Claire Flugel spent the first day of the fair beaming. Only hours earlier her twin calves, salt and pepper, were born.
"I feel pretty excited that they came!" Flugel said.
Fair organizers say Wednesday night's headliner is the Eli Young Band. Tulare County Fair CE0 Geoff Hinds says the secret to drawing fair fans is good fun at a good price.
"You can come out here and spend an entire day at an affordable price and it's fun in your backyard and it's a great way to celebrate your community," Hinds said.
And more than 90 years after the fair first kicked off, one fair attraction that's always a fan favorite is the livestock pavillion.
"It's something I love, and the dairy industry is a big part of my life and many people in Tulare," Diary Princess Elyse Borba said.
Now the fair runs through Sunday so if you are thinking about coming with your family you still have a few days left.
tulare, tulare county, tulare county fair, entertainment, mariana jacob
- Oregon teen accused of planning to attack school 44 min ago
- Tower District banding together to fight crime 9 min ago
- Keeping safe this Memorial Day weekend
- Motorcycle officer recovering after crash in NE Fresno
- Millerton Lake boating accident injures one person 40 min ago
- Senate District 16 could be headed to runoff
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Man dies in Southwest Fresno shooting
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued