Former Bachelorette contestant Kasey Kahl to file lawsuit against TMZ
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley lawyer plans to file a lawsuit on behalf of former Bachelorette contestant, and Clovis, native Kasey Kahl. They are taking on entertainment website TMZ.com.
UPDATE: TMZ.com has updated their story with the follow addition: "Law enforcement sources tell us ... there was an error on the charging document ... and it should NOT have stated that Kahl was suspected of being under the influence of toluene. Kahl also told TMZ he never, ever huffed paint."
Kahl was recently in court as a defendant facing charges connected to a January bar fight. But now, he's on the other side. He's filing a lawsuit because of a story TMZ.com posted about him.
The headline of that story read "Bachelorette star jailed allegedly huffed paint thinner."
"That allegation was completely fictitious and made up by TMZ.com. It was made up maliciously and or with reckless disregard simply to attract viewers to their website all at Mr. Kahl's expense," said Kahl's attorney Nathan Miller.
Miller says Kahl gave the website an opportunity to retract the statements, but TMZ did not at that time. Kahl is seeking $20 million in damages.
Action News reached out to TMZ.com for a comment, but they did not returned our calls.
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing 33 min ago
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos