Former Bachelorette contestant Kasey Kahl to file lawsuit against TMZ
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley lawyer plans to file a lawsuit on behalf of former Bachelorette contestant, and Clovis, native Kasey Kahl. They are taking on entertainment website TMZ.com.
UPDATE: TMZ.com has updated their story with the follow addition: "Law enforcement sources tell us ... there was an error on the charging document ... and it should NOT have stated that Kahl was suspected of being under the influence of toluene. Kahl also told TMZ he never, ever huffed paint."
Kahl was recently in court as a defendant facing charges connected to a January bar fight. But now, he's on the other side. He's filing a lawsuit because of a story TMZ.com posted about him.
The headline of that story read "Bachelorette star jailed allegedly huffed paint thinner."
"That allegation was completely fictitious and made up by TMZ.com. It was made up maliciously and or with reckless disregard simply to attract viewers to their website all at Mr. Kahl's expense," said Kahl's attorney Nathan Miller.
Miller says Kahl gave the website an opportunity to retract the statements, but TMZ did not at that time. Kahl is seeking $20 million in damages.
Action News reached out to TMZ.com for a comment, but they did not returned our calls.
- Pedestrian killed in Highway 99 hit and run crash
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say