Former Bachelorette contestant Kasey Kahl to file lawsuit against TMZ
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley lawyer plans to file a lawsuit on behalf of former Bachelorette contestant, and Clovis, native Kasey Kahl. They are taking on entertainment website TMZ.com.
UPDATE: TMZ.com has updated their story with the follow addition: "Law enforcement sources tell us ... there was an error on the charging document ... and it should NOT have stated that Kahl was suspected of being under the influence of toluene. Kahl also told TMZ he never, ever huffed paint."
Kahl was recently in court as a defendant facing charges connected to a January bar fight. But now, he's on the other side. He's filing a lawsuit because of a story TMZ.com posted about him.
The headline of that story read "Bachelorette star jailed allegedly huffed paint thinner."
"That allegation was completely fictitious and made up by TMZ.com. It was made up maliciously and or with reckless disregard simply to attract viewers to their website all at Mr. Kahl's expense," said Kahl's attorney Nathan Miller.
Miller says Kahl gave the website an opportunity to retract the statements, but TMZ did not at that time. Kahl is seeking $20 million in damages.
Action News reached out to TMZ.com for a comment, but they did not returned our calls.
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos