Former Bachelorette contestant Kasey Kahl to file lawsuit against TMZ
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley lawyer plans to file a lawsuit on behalf of former Bachelorette contestant, and Clovis, native Kasey Kahl. They are taking on entertainment website TMZ.com.
UPDATE: TMZ.com has updated their story with the follow addition: "Law enforcement sources tell us ... there was an error on the charging document ... and it should NOT have stated that Kahl was suspected of being under the influence of toluene. Kahl also told TMZ he never, ever huffed paint."
Kahl was recently in court as a defendant facing charges connected to a January bar fight. But now, he's on the other side. He's filing a lawsuit because of a story TMZ.com posted about him.
The headline of that story read "Bachelorette star jailed allegedly huffed paint thinner."
"That allegation was completely fictitious and made up by TMZ.com. It was made up maliciously and or with reckless disregard simply to attract viewers to their website all at Mr. Kahl's expense," said Kahl's attorney Nathan Miller.
Miller says Kahl gave the website an opportunity to retract the statements, but TMZ did not at that time. Kahl is seeking $20 million in damages.
Action News reached out to TMZ.com for a comment, but they did not returned our calls.
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos