Former Bachelorette contestant Kasey Kahl to file lawsuit against TMZ
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley lawyer plans to file a lawsuit on behalf of former Bachelorette contestant, and Clovis, native Kasey Kahl. They are taking on entertainment website TMZ.com.
UPDATE: TMZ.com has updated their story with the follow addition: "Law enforcement sources tell us ... there was an error on the charging document ... and it should NOT have stated that Kahl was suspected of being under the influence of toluene. Kahl also told TMZ he never, ever huffed paint."
Kahl was recently in court as a defendant facing charges connected to a January bar fight. But now, he's on the other side. He's filing a lawsuit because of a story TMZ.com posted about him.
The headline of that story read "Bachelorette star jailed allegedly huffed paint thinner."
"That allegation was completely fictitious and made up by TMZ.com. It was made up maliciously and or with reckless disregard simply to attract viewers to their website all at Mr. Kahl's expense," said Kahl's attorney Nathan Miller.
Miller says Kahl gave the website an opportunity to retract the statements, but TMZ did not at that time. Kahl is seeking $20 million in damages.
Action News reached out to TMZ.com for a comment, but they did not returned our calls.
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 12 min ago
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 31 min ago
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week