'Good Morning America' reveals celeb fill-ins for Robin Roberts
NEW YORK (KFSN) -- In the coming weeks, "Good Morning America" will feature some celebrity guest co-hosts while show favorite Robin Roberts is away.
Included in the list of upcoming hosts are cast members of "Modern Family." One new actor from the show will be featured every day for a week.
"GMA" senior executive producer Tom Cibrowski revealed other slated guests, including Stephen Colbert, Oprah Winfrey, actor Rob Lowe, Barbara Walters, Katie Couric and Diane Sawyer. The newswomen are expected appear on the show sometime next month.
Jessica Simpson was featured as the show's first celeb fill-in on the Sept. 11 episode.
Roberts took an indefinite leave Aug. 30 after she was diagnosed with MDS, a blood and bone marrow disease. She is scheduled to receive a bone marrow transplant from her sister, Sally-Ann Roberts, later this week. Roberts has already undergone chemotherapy treatments.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members