'Good Morning America' reveals celeb fill-ins for Robin Roberts
NEW YORK (KFSN) -- In the coming weeks, "Good Morning America" will feature some celebrity guest co-hosts while show favorite Robin Roberts is away.
Included in the list of upcoming hosts are cast members of "Modern Family." One new actor from the show will be featured every day for a week.
"GMA" senior executive producer Tom Cibrowski revealed other slated guests, including Stephen Colbert, Oprah Winfrey, actor Rob Lowe, Barbara Walters, Katie Couric and Diane Sawyer. The newswomen are expected appear on the show sometime next month.
Jessica Simpson was featured as the show's first celeb fill-in on the Sept. 11 episode.
Roberts took an indefinite leave Aug. 30 after she was diagnosed with MDS, a blood and bone marrow disease. She is scheduled to receive a bone marrow transplant from her sister, Sally-Ann Roberts, later this week. Roberts has already undergone chemotherapy treatments.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch