Preparations underway for Big Fresno Fair
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Big Fresno Fair is just days away and organizers are busy preparing their entry displays for competition.
Crews are putting the finishing touches for the opening day of the Big Fresno Fair. Now this year, more exhibits will be on display, making the fair, bigger, and better.
Inside the ag building garlic is on full-display as volunteers set up to show off their competitive entries.
Volunteers with the Coalinga Community Exhibit are cleaning off the bottom and top of their produce, making the garlic look presentable for the judges.
"We built this framework and made it just one story, and put plastic all over, and we got these lights, it's going to look really good," Ken Spencer of Coalinga said.
Even young students like Madison March are lending a hand. She's been helping set up the Coalinga display for the past three years.
"It's important to get the next generation involved so that it can continue," March said.
In the home arts building next door those with a creative hand are also setting up their displays.
"The beautiful things that people are able to do in this area, it seems to come together, in this building from sowing to quilts, to ceramics," home arts building supervisor Norma Desmond said.
And at center stage is a 1929 Ford. The reason? To attract a broader audience.
"The reason I decided to put a car in, is because a lot of times the husbands and boyfriends would come in and they'd look around at the sowing and cooking, and they'd go, what am I doing in this building," Desmond said.
And outside on the horse racing track a memorial waterfall will make its debut to honor Tommy Brosi. a longtime fair supporter and racing enthusiast.
While preparations are almost complete, we are just days away from opening day of the Big Fresno Fair on Wednesday, October 3, the day people will be able to get in for just $1.
fresno, fresno county, big fresno fair, entertainment, carlos saucedo
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 57 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence 40 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos