Big Fresno Fair busy with safety inspections
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Ride inspectors will be busy working up to the moment the Big Fresno Fair opens.
Families will be enjoying 60 different rides on the midway. Every single one of them must be thoroughly checked for safety. Butler Amusements has its own inspectors but the fair also brings in a third party inspector to look everything over. Each ride has many moving parts.
"We're looking at all structural members of the rides," Ride Inspector John Dodson said. "We'll be looking for electrical issues. We're looking for hydraulic and pneumatic issues if they apply to each one of the rides. We're checking pins, keys, tubs, seat belts."
Dodson spotted a crack in a brace on the popular "Sky Diver." Crews worked on a weld repair before the ride could be approved.
big fresno fair, entertainment, dale yurong
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 31 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- States sue over California's egg laws 44 min ago
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt