Big Fresno Fair busy with safety inspections
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Ride inspectors will be busy working up to the moment the Big Fresno Fair opens.
Families will be enjoying 60 different rides on the midway. Every single one of them must be thoroughly checked for safety. Butler Amusements has its own inspectors but the fair also brings in a third party inspector to look everything over. Each ride has many moving parts.
"We're looking at all structural members of the rides," Ride Inspector John Dodson said. "We'll be looking for electrical issues. We're looking for hydraulic and pneumatic issues if they apply to each one of the rides. We're checking pins, keys, tubs, seat belts."
Dodson spotted a crack in a brace on the popular "Sky Diver." Crews worked on a weld repair before the ride could be approved.
big fresno fair, entertainment, dale yurong
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time 54 min ago
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather 9 min ago
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Experts provide tips to keep cars running...
40 min ago
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
58 min ago