Big Fresno Fair goers battle heat
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The heat wasn't enough to keep big crowds away on the first day of the Big Fresno Fair.
Visitors were greeted by misters as they walked into the fair and many came prepared, wearing hats and bringing umbrellas for shade. "You come out here for a good time; you don't worry about the weather. You have fun, look at the exhibits, and eat the food," said Jackie Ryle of Fresno.
Visitors said the fair offered plenty of distractions to keep their minds off of the heat. "I haven't been here for 15 years. That's a lot of years. Everything looks different, really nice," said Rachel Garcia of Fresno.
In the livestock pavilion, fans were on to keep the animals comfortable. Not too far away, an umbrella kept Vince Bocchini in the shade, even as he manned a hot grill. "It might be 100 degrees but it might be 120 degrees here with all this heat," said Bocchini.
big fresno fair, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, entertainment, amanda perez
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy