Big Fresno Fair goers battle heat
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The heat wasn't enough to keep big crowds away on the first day of the Big Fresno Fair.
Visitors were greeted by misters as they walked into the fair and many came prepared, wearing hats and bringing umbrellas for shade. "You come out here for a good time; you don't worry about the weather. You have fun, look at the exhibits, and eat the food," said Jackie Ryle of Fresno.
Visitors said the fair offered plenty of distractions to keep their minds off of the heat. "I haven't been here for 15 years. That's a lot of years. Everything looks different, really nice," said Rachel Garcia of Fresno.
In the livestock pavilion, fans were on to keep the animals comfortable. Not too far away, an umbrella kept Vince Bocchini in the shade, even as he manned a hot grill. "It might be 100 degrees but it might be 120 degrees here with all this heat," said Bocchini.
big fresno fair, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, entertainment, amanda perez
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 16 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos