Big Fresno Fair goers battle heat
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The heat wasn't enough to keep big crowds away on the first day of the Big Fresno Fair.
Visitors were greeted by misters as they walked into the fair and many came prepared, wearing hats and bringing umbrellas for shade. "You come out here for a good time; you don't worry about the weather. You have fun, look at the exhibits, and eat the food," said Jackie Ryle of Fresno.
Visitors said the fair offered plenty of distractions to keep their minds off of the heat. "I haven't been here for 15 years. That's a lot of years. Everything looks different, really nice," said Rachel Garcia of Fresno.
In the livestock pavilion, fans were on to keep the animals comfortable. Not too far away, an umbrella kept Vince Bocchini in the shade, even as he manned a hot grill. "It might be 100 degrees but it might be 120 degrees here with all this heat," said Bocchini.
big fresno fair, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, entertainment, amanda perez
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US 49 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos