It's day one of the Big Fresno Fair!
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- This time around there will be a few new things, in addition to old favorites like the food and concerts.
Excitement is in the air. Opening day means its Dollar Day -- just a dollar to get in, and a dollar for a ride. The 129th annual Big Fresno Fair is sure to be filled with a whole lot of fun.
After weeks of preparation, opening day at the Big Fresno Fair is finally here. "It looks great we've got our vendors out and things are moving. We're ready to open the gates at 11 o' clock," said Fair Deputy Manager Lauri King.
New this year, families headed to the fair will find themselves in a newly expanded kiddie land with more space and more rides.
"We've actually been expand and add 25,000 square feet to it. It's added over three rides and lots of shaded seating area for parents and families wanting to relax," said King.
There is also a new exhibit that will take you around the World under one roof. The World Discovery Exhibit will showcase four continents through instruments, animals and art.
When it comes to food, fair goers can explore wonderful fried dishes. This year there is one new food vendor on the block called Jeanne's Artichokes and their speciality fried banana called a banana dog.
And it wouldn't be the fair without agriculture. "The fair is all about agriculture it's where our roots come from and we have Ag-Ventureland which has the cowboy boot camp where you can pretend you're a cowboy and you can learn how to saddle a horse and dig through corn," said King.
From agriculture to the rides, the 129th Big Fresno Fair is sure to be a lot of fun.
Wednesday night, Cheech and Chong will perform with War at the Paul Paul Theater.
big fresno fair, fresno, entertainment, amanda venegas
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 48 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it 8 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Near drownings on the rise 34 min ago
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free