Madera is throwing a party with pomegranates
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A weeklong festival for the fruit is kicking off, and the mayor is promoting the event in a very unique way.
Madera considers itself the heart of pomegranate country as many pomegranates are grown here. The super-fruit is becoming more and more popular with everything from juice to being incorporated into food.
The second annual Madera Pomegranate Celebration is October 26th through November 4th.
Pomegranate themed events will happen throughout the area all week long, with the Pomegranate Festival taking place on Saturday, November 3rd from 10am to 4pm at the Madera Airport. Admission is free.
Madera Pomegranate Celebration
October 26th through November 4th > More information
Saturday, November 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission is free
madera, madera county, pomegranate, entertainment, amanda venegas
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 2 min ago
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash 15 min ago
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- News conference on missing Malaysia jet
2 min ago