Madera is throwing a party with pomegranates
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A weeklong festival for the fruit is kicking off, and the mayor is promoting the event in a very unique way.
Madera considers itself the heart of pomegranate country as many pomegranates are grown here. The super-fruit is becoming more and more popular with everything from juice to being incorporated into food.
The second annual Madera Pomegranate Celebration is October 26th through November 4th.
Pomegranate themed events will happen throughout the area all week long, with the Pomegranate Festival taking place on Saturday, November 3rd from 10am to 4pm at the Madera Airport. Admission is free.
Madera Pomegranate Celebration
October 26th through November 4th > More information
Saturday, November 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission is free
madera, madera county, pomegranate, entertainment, amanda venegas
- Oregon teen accused of planning to attack school 1 min ago
- Keeping safe this Memorial Day weekend
- Motorcycle officer recovering after crash in NE Fresno
- Senate District 16 could be headed to runoff
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Man dies in Southwest Fresno shooting
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued
- Obama: Nation must do more for fallen heroes
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying