Madera is throwing a party with pomegranates
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A weeklong festival for the fruit is kicking off, and the mayor is promoting the event in a very unique way.
Madera considers itself the heart of pomegranate country as many pomegranates are grown here. The super-fruit is becoming more and more popular with everything from juice to being incorporated into food.
The second annual Madera Pomegranate Celebration is October 26th through November 4th.
Pomegranate themed events will happen throughout the area all week long, with the Pomegranate Festival taking place on Saturday, November 3rd from 10am to 4pm at the Madera Airport. Admission is free.
Madera Pomegranate Celebration
October 26th through November 4th > More information
Saturday, November 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission is free
madera, madera county, pomegranate, entertainment, amanda venegas
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation 52 min ago
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County 22 min ago
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated 10 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced...
6 min ago