Larry Hagman, 81, best known as J.R. Ewing, has died
Actor Larry Hagman, who is best known for playing JR Ewing on the long-running 80s TV show "Dallas" has died.
Dallas TV station KTVT reports Hagman died in a Dallas hospital after battling cancer. Hagman recently revived his role as JR Ewing on the new version of "Dallas". He was also on the 60s TV series.
CNN contributed to this report.
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76