Ashley Judd to run for Kentucky Senate seat?
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- There is widespread speculation that actress Ashley Judd is very close to announcing her bid to become the next U.S. Senator from Kentucky.
Despite the fact the actress has remained silent thus far, a GOP political action committee has already taken out ads attacking Judd for living in Tennessee, not in her home state of Kentucky.
ABC News is among those reporting that Judd is set to announce her democratic candidacy against Senate Republican incumbent Mitch McConnell. The timing, however, remains unclear.
Judd, a professed Obama supporter and international humanitarian, has never run for office before.
KABC-TV Los Angeles, CA contributed to this report.
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 30 min ago
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno 13 min ago
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88 6 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies