Ashley Judd to run for Kentucky Senate seat?
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- There is widespread speculation that actress Ashley Judd is very close to announcing her bid to become the next U.S. Senator from Kentucky.
Despite the fact the actress has remained silent thus far, a GOP political action committee has already taken out ads attacking Judd for living in Tennessee, not in her home state of Kentucky.
ABC News is among those reporting that Judd is set to announce her democratic candidacy against Senate Republican incumbent Mitch McConnell. The timing, however, remains unclear.
Judd, a professed Obama supporter and international humanitarian, has never run for office before.
KABC-TV Los Angeles, CA contributed to this report.
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS 57 min ago
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Overseas lotto scams prey on elderly
- Bob Wills home threatened by development
- New bike trail underpass raises deadly crash questions
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos