Ashley Judd to run for Kentucky Senate seat?
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- There is widespread speculation that actress Ashley Judd is very close to announcing her bid to become the next U.S. Senator from Kentucky.
Despite the fact the actress has remained silent thus far, a GOP political action committee has already taken out ads attacking Judd for living in Tennessee, not in her home state of Kentucky.
ABC News is among those reporting that Judd is set to announce her democratic candidacy against Senate Republican incumbent Mitch McConnell. The timing, however, remains unclear.
Judd, a professed Obama supporter and international humanitarian, has never run for office before.
KABC-TV Los Angeles, CA contributed to this report.
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos