Thanks to you, Big Weather is bald!
RALEIGH, N.C. -- Your morning weather has a whole new look. Don "Big Weather" Schwenneker kept his promise to have his head shaved on live television.
Big Weather promised viewers that he would sacrifice his lustrous locks if more than 250 people registered at Friday's ABC 11 Be The Match Bone Marrow donor drive.
Be The Match reported that 275 people registered as potential donors at the Streets at Southpoint Mall. Be The Match said it was the biggest response ever in this region.
Wednesday morning, Don went under the razor to show his solidarity with cancer patients.
Big Weather was joined live in the studio by Betsy Letterle with Be The Match.
Hairstylist Ray Lingle from the Carmen! Carmen! Prestige Salon at Belk the Streets at Southpoint Mall was also on hand to shave Don's head. Ray volunteers twice a month to cut or style hair at the Duke Cancer Institute.
It's not too late for you to join Don and become a bone marrow donor too. Click here to register with Be The Match.
- Fresno State's new president has been selected
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- 2016 Super Bowl to be played in 49ers' new stadium
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Mysterious illness kills 2 in southeast Alabama
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison