Thanks to you, Big Weather is bald!
RALEIGH, N.C. -- Your morning weather has a whole new look. Don "Big Weather" Schwenneker kept his promise to have his head shaved on live television.
Big Weather promised viewers that he would sacrifice his lustrous locks if more than 250 people registered at Friday's ABC 11 Be The Match Bone Marrow donor drive.
Be The Match reported that 275 people registered as potential donors at the Streets at Southpoint Mall. Be The Match said it was the biggest response ever in this region.
Wednesday morning, Don went under the razor to show his solidarity with cancer patients.
Big Weather was joined live in the studio by Betsy Letterle with Be The Match.
Hairstylist Ray Lingle from the Carmen! Carmen! Prestige Salon at Belk the Streets at Southpoint Mall was also on hand to shave Don's head. Ray volunteers twice a month to cut or style hair at the Duke Cancer Institute.
It's not too late for you to join Don and become a bone marrow donor too. Click here to register with Be The Match.
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced 22 min ago
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
59 min ago