'Deep Throat' co-star Harry Reems dies at 65
SALT LAKE CITY -- Former porn star Harry Reems, who co-starred in the 1972 movie "Deep Throat," has died at age 65.
Reems, who was born Herbert Streicher, died Tuesday afternoon at the veterans' hospital in Salt Lake City. Reems' wife confirmed his death Wednesday.
The cause of death hasn't been determined, but Reems was suffering from multiple medical issues, including pancreatic cancer.
Reems played the male lead in "Deep Throat," a pop culture phenomenon that brought pornography to mainstream audiences.
Reems left the porn industry and moved to Park City, Utah, in the 1980s, where he underwent an alcohol treatment program and worked as a real estate agent.
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network 4 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east