Gwyneth Paltrow named People's Most Beautiful Woman
LOS ANGELES (KFSN) -- Gwyneth Paltrow has been named the World's Most Beautiful Woman for 2013 by People magazine.
The 40-year-old actress says her family makes her feel beautiful. In fact, Paltrow says her kids, 8-year-old Apple and 7-year-old Moses, don't see her as anything but mom.
Her motherly image had a lot to do with her new title, according to People's managing editor Larry Hackett. Appearing on "Good Morning America" Wednesday, Hackett said the magazine chose Paltrow because she is relatable as a wife and mother who balances her personal life and professional career. Hackett added that she is family-oriented, grounded, close to her mother and looks great.
In the magazine's cover story, Paltrow credits her daily two-hour workout routine for keeping her looking youthful, less tired and feeling strong. She says she doesn't believe in depriving herself, and that's why she will indulge in things she loves, like pasta.
Paltrow is married to Coldplay rocker Chris Martin.
Also on the Most Beautiful Women list are actresses Kerry Washington, Connie Britton and Linda Gray. Beyonce and Jennifer Lopez were previously named World's Most Beautiful by People.
The Associated Press and ABC News contributed to this report.
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno 16 min ago
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos