Sports blogger criticized for calling cheerleader chunky
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A sports blogger is at the center of controversy after questioning whether an Oklahoma City Thunder cheerleader was quote "too chunky" to cheer in the NBA.
CBS Houston blogger Claire Crawford targeted Kelsey Williams' weight on the court during the first round of the playoffs.
Crawford called Williams' a "pretty blonde" but said she had "pudginess around her waistline".
She also wrote if Williams is comfortable, then "good for her" and that "not every man likes a woman to be toothpick skinny".
A poll was attached to her column asking readers their opinions on Williams' physique. Many people quickly criticized Crawford for her commentary.
Williams' responded on Twitter, saying "we wouldn't know what blessings were if we didn't go through trials."
CBS Houston has since removed the post from its website.
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- Accuweather Forecast
50 min ago