Singer Kelli Pickler named Season 16 winner of 'Dancing with the Stars'
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Singer Kelli Pickler has been named Season 16 winner of 'Dancing with the Stars.'
Recap of Monday night's performances
Pickler, football pro Jacoby Jones, Olympian Alexandra Raisman and 16-year-old Disney Channel star Zendaya each did three dances on Monday's episode of the ABC competition.
Zendaya was perfect in the judges' eyes, earning the maximum score for each routine.
"You've only just scratched the surface of your talent," head judge Len Goodman said.
Pickler was a close second, collecting perfect 10s for her quickstep and freestyle dances, but finishing behind Zendaya in the cha-cha relay, which saw all four finalists perform to the same song.
Pickler's freestyle brought judge Carrie Ann Inaba to tears.
"You just bared your soul on the dance floor and it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen," Inaba said.
Raisman finished third after wowing the judges with a freestyle routine that incorporated gymnastics and stunts on vertical bars. Jones landed in last place, falling short on his action-packed freestyle that Inaba said distracted from his dancing.
Viewers were given until 11 a.m. EDT Tuesday to cast votes on Facebook. The show's hosts, Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke-Charvet, said ABC's online voting system was down Monday night.
Each contestant will perform one last dance during Tuesday's season finale to add points to their totals. Judges' scores combined with viewer votes will determine the new champion.
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it 57 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement 30 min ago
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box 8 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free