Merced County Fair finishing touches
MERCED COUNTY, California (KFSN) -- Workers are putting the finishing touches on the rides and exhibits at the Merced County Fair.
The sky high vertigo ride is one of the new attractions this year. The fair officially kicks off Wednesday, but students spent all day showing their animals for FFA and 4H events.
Families say they're thankful the weather is nice and mild this week, as opposed to the triple digits they've endured in past years. And organizers hope the comfortable conditions will help top last year's turn-out of 75,000 people.
"Oh we are so happy about the weather," said Merced County Fair Marketing Manager Diane Conway. "That is the one thing you can't count on, so we had our fingers crossed and it sounds like it's going to be great weather for the whole fair."
This is the second straight year the fair is offering $5.00 general admission. It officially opens at 5:00 p.m. Wednesday evening and runs through Sunday night.
merced county, merced, entertainment, sara sandrik
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom 47 min ago
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
52 min ago