One buck carnival rides at the Big Fresno Fair
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The fair has chills and thrills for all those adrenaline junkies out there.
It is day eight of the Big Fresno Fair, and in just a few hours fairgoers will be able to enjoy the carnival rides for only one buck per ride!
The Big Fresno Fair is drawing big crowds to Southeast Fresno, and all the traffic is literally paying off for local businesses.
Country Fair Cinnamon Rolls are always a big seller at the fair. The business is based in Oakhurst, and the Big Fresno Fair is its last stop of the fair season.
About 500-thousand people are expected to stop by the fairgrounds. It's not just businesses on the fairgrounds that are benefiting. Businesses in the surrounding area are also capitalizing on the large crowds.
Part of the up-tick in sales comes from people stopping by to eat before going to the fair or grabbing a bite after the fair closes for the day.
"Really busy, a lot. We've been having a lot of customers more than often," said Valerie Rico, Arsenio's Mexican Food.
"Big economic impact and boom to the county as a whole. $68.5 Million a year direct and indirect," said John Alkire, Big Fresno Fair C.E.O.
Overall, the good weather, economy, and tradition have been a good recipe for the fair turnout in 2013.
Wednesday, October 9
$1 Carnival Ride Day
Hours: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Entertainment: Gabriel Iglesias
Action News Live at Five
Action News at Six
Action News at 6:30
ABC30 Events Center
Noon - 2pm Christine Park & Sontaya Rose
5:30pm - 7:00pm Liz Harrison
6:30pm - 8:00pm Warren Armstrong & Tommy Tran
7:00pm - 8:00pm Graciela Moreno
big fresno fair, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, entertainment, carlos saucedo
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse 31 min ago
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate 14 min ago
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos