One buck carnival rides at the Big Fresno Fair
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The fair has chills and thrills for all those adrenaline junkies out there.
It is day eight of the Big Fresno Fair, and in just a few hours fairgoers will be able to enjoy the carnival rides for only one buck per ride!
The Big Fresno Fair is drawing big crowds to Southeast Fresno, and all the traffic is literally paying off for local businesses.
Country Fair Cinnamon Rolls are always a big seller at the fair. The business is based in Oakhurst, and the Big Fresno Fair is its last stop of the fair season.
About 500-thousand people are expected to stop by the fairgrounds. It's not just businesses on the fairgrounds that are benefiting. Businesses in the surrounding area are also capitalizing on the large crowds.
Part of the up-tick in sales comes from people stopping by to eat before going to the fair or grabbing a bite after the fair closes for the day.
"Really busy, a lot. We've been having a lot of customers more than often," said Valerie Rico, Arsenio's Mexican Food.
"Big economic impact and boom to the county as a whole. $68.5 Million a year direct and indirect," said John Alkire, Big Fresno Fair C.E.O.
Overall, the good weather, economy, and tradition have been a good recipe for the fair turnout in 2013.
Wednesday, October 9
$1 Carnival Ride Day
Hours: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Entertainment: Gabriel Iglesias
Action News Live at Five
Action News at Six
Action News at 6:30
ABC30 Events Center
Noon - 2pm Christine Park & Sontaya Rose
5:30pm - 7:00pm Liz Harrison
6:30pm - 8:00pm Warren Armstrong & Tommy Tran
7:00pm - 8:00pm Graciela Moreno
big fresno fair, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, entertainment, carlos saucedo
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe 5 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery