Fresno Philharmonic conductor nominated for Latin Grammy
CLOVIS, Calif. -- Fresno's long time philharmonic conductor Theodore Kuchar is making a mark in the music industry. His recent album Latin American Classics has been nominated for a Latin Grammy.
Maestro Theordore Kuchar's passion for music has taken him around the world. He never imagined that 12 years with the Fresno Philharmonic and many other orchestras would lead to a Latin Grammy nomination.
"Many of the performances that I have done with this orchestra I have never been able to equal with any of those orchestras in Europe who have an unwritten ownership on a lot of that music," Kuchar said.
Kuchar is nominated for best instrumental album for his latest release called Latin American Classics. He said the vibrant beats of the album represent various part of Latin America.
"The music of Latin America has been I don't want to say ignored but we really have not been as aware of it in the world of symphonic music," Kuchar said.
But now Maestro Kuchar finds himself in a predicament, the Latin Grammy award ceremony conflicts with a commitment to conduct another orchestra in Europe.
"One side of me says I should honor my commitment and stay in Europe and to hell with the Grammy awards. Another side of me says don't think about yourself and think of the others that could somehow benefit from this," Kuchar said.
Kuchar said the recognition at the Latin Grammys could be great for Fresno by bringing attention to the talented musicians in the Valley. Central Valley residents will have the opportunity to listen to conductor Kuchar live at the Paul Shaghoian Concert Hall.
For more information about Fresno Philharmonic performances visit fresnophil.org/concert
fresno, fresno philharmonic orchestra, entertainment, gaby rodriguez
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs 23 min ago
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit 37 min ago
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City 8 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- Fresno State QB Competition Open
44 min ago
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to...
24 min ago