Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
MADERA, California (KFSN) -- Thousands of people lined the streets in Madera for the Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll. The sidewalks in downtown Madera were packed during the parade despite the chilly weather. Organizers believe about 5,000 people attended this year.
"Madera is such a nice community. It's not "big city," but it's all family oriented right here," said Manuel Perez.
People on Yosemite Avenue came bundled up and many brought blankets to help fight the chill. "Nice and warm so the kids are nice and warm and not complaining," said Sasha Tolmosoff.
Even though it is chilly outside, 9 year-old Julian Gomez and his brother love this North Valley tradition. "All the lights and all the cars and stuff," said Gomez.
The 20th annual parade has continued to grow with more floats added every year. "To be in the parade you have to have a minimum of 100 lights on your entry, everybody has lights on it and most of them go way over," said organizer Jim Bryan.
Organizers say the event gives an economic boost to downtown businesses.
entertainment, mariana jacob
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers 26 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap 56 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Educators inspiring girls to pursue STEM jobs
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- School running: Keeping kids moving
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Accuweather Forecast
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos