Hot hat: Pharrell auctioning famous Grammys cap
NEW YORK -- Pharrell's days as a mad hatter may be coming to an end.
The famous and buzzed about Vivienne Westwood hat that the producer, rapper and singer wore at the Grammy Awards is being auctioned on eBay to support his charity.
Bids had reached more than $10,000 by Friday afternoon for the brown fedora, which became a trending topic on Twitter after Pharrell wore it.
Proceeds will support Pharrell's From One Hand to Another charity. It provides arts and educational resources for children.
He will perform his hit "Happy" at the Academy Awards on March 1. It's nominated for best original song and is currently No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. He'll release the album "G I R L" on March 3.
celebrity, charity, entertainment
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low